Increasing website traffic is not enough to skyrocket the growth of your company. After you’ve taken steps to generate more leads online, it’s time for the next step. If you want to boost sales, what you really need is converting your website traffic into loyal customers.
It’s crucial to get this part of the marketing and sales process right because it determines the growth of your client base. Proper use of data and efficient restructuring of your team will improve your conversion rates. What to learn how?
Follow these tips to convert more website leads into customers.
Build authority and trust
Authority and trust are common barriers to online sales. You might be struggling with converting leads because your potential customers are uncertain to buy from you. If this is the case, how do you solve the problem? You need to make your brand look credible and trustworthy. Consider these tips for building credibility and trust:
- Improve your website design for a better perception of your brand. A well-designed website helps to direct more leads, and then keep them on the page;
- Your website may not look reliable enough, because it lacks a contact information section. Add your business address, phone number, email address, and social media pages;
- Showcase the best reviews and testimonials on your website. You can collect reviews by encouraging your current customers to write feedback through email, Yelp, or social media. Don’t stress out if you get some negative reviews and focus on the good ones. Building social proof will make your brand look much more reliable and trustworthy;
- Employ the content marketing strategy to provide answers to your customers questions. Add an article or a blog post with useful tips, guidelines, and free offers.
Don’t let your leads get cold
The faster you respond to fresh leads – the better. The research suggests that most companies
take too long to follow up on their leads. If your sales team doesn’t follow up fast enough,
prospects lose their interest in your product and move to competitors instead. Remember that a
quick response is more likely to lead to a sale. Have your sales team handle incoming leads quickly.
Here are some suggestions for speeding up the response time.
- Direct new leads to the shared business email, where several employees have access to the account;
- Create a priority inbox for incoming leads;
- Use customer support software and employ it through different departments to manage leads more efficiently.
Another way to improve response time is delegating responsibilities. Divide your sales team into
two subgroups. Have one group manage existing clients, whereas another handles new
customers. Also, it’s better to have the same person guide and communicate with the client
throughout the whole process.
It’s important to make sure your response time is not too fast either. Customers may need some time and may not be ready to move forward with a purchase when you rush with a follow-up.
Qualify the leads
It’s important to qualify leads correctly first if you want to move forward in the sales process.
There are three categories of leads based on the actions of prospective customers on your
- Information qualified lead (IQL or a cold lead). At this stage, prospective customers research a solution to their problem and often provide contact information. They are ready to make a purchase yet. Instead, allow them to download a whitepaper, tip sheet, or free samples;
- Marketing qualified lead (MQL or a warm lead). In a nutshell, an IQL becomes an MQL when a customer is interested in your help with solving their problem. At this stage, you can help customers to make their decision by offering free trials, demo versions, quotes, or discounts;
- Sales qualified a lead (SQL or a hot lead). At this stage, prospective customers have shown intent and are ready to make a purchase. Keep in mind that all leads are potential sales qualified leads.
Make sure that both your sales and marketing teams are on the same page regarding qualified leads.
Manage conversion rate optimization and sales pipeline
You can increase the number of sales with the same website traffic only by boosting your conversion rate. Calculate and set up tracking mechanisms for your conversion rate. Use conversion rate optimization (CRO) to boost revenue from your website.
Monitoring a sales pipeline is a great way of keeping track of where your prospects are in the
purchasing process. Here are some tips for maximizing the benefits of your sales pipeline:
- Use charts and graphs for better visualization;
- Keep your sales pipeline up-to-date and evaluate which cases need attention;
- Use customer relationship management (CRM) system to manage data. A CRM system will help you in managing your day-to-day tasks (like logging, sending out offers, follow-ups reminders, showing you the customer’s history).
Simplify the prospect’s journey
Make it easier for prospective customers to solve their problems and complete a purchase. Consider these tips for making your website more convenient for customers.
- One-click signup and sign-in options;
- Advance the form fields;
- Make the checkout and payment easy;
- Provide several payment options.
Remain in contact and follow with all leads (including IQL, MQL, and SQL) Create targeted email lists and send content offers based on the point where your prospective customers are in their buyer journey. Make sure to deliver an email with appropriate content to the right lead promptly.
Incorporating conversion ideas into your business strategy is essential if you want to advance sales. Digital leads don’t automatically convert into paying customers. Help your sales department in converting these leads and growing your customer base through restructuring the team. Remember that your follow-ups must be quick enough so that the leads don’t get cold. Use a structured and organized approach to sales when you qualify the leads and manage CRO. Establish your brand’s authority and invite your prospect customers to trust you. If you want to successfully convert leads into paying customers, aim to provide prospects with the right solutions at the right time.