Placing ads on your site results in extra revenue.
For a site with good traffic, experts suggest ads as the best monetization method.
For WordPress users, ads refer to simple text links, which can be easily integrated into WordPress widgets. Along with text links, you can also think about sponsored posts, banner ads, and paid guest posts.
Today’s article helps you learn the math of earning with ads. The game starts with baby steps and proceeds to get traffic for earning with your blog.
With that in mind, you can start right after investing in your blog. We’ll also discuss blog maintenance, including management and content strategy. Collectively, all the factors help you manage your blog well and earn by selling ads on your website.
Earning by selling ads
Although placing ads on your site results in small income, it plays well for beginners.
The ads revenue depends on website traffic. The more you improve your site traffic and theme design, the more you can earn from ads. You can utilize different traffic sources, including Pinterest, Twitter, and Quora. Read about Neil’s strategy for using Quora for attracting 9,872 monthly visitors to his blog.
For technical requirements, using the WordPress widgets covers the entire process for placing ads on your website. You can also test out the WordPress plugins for showing ads on your site.
Types of ads
There are several types of promotional ads.
- Text links: You can include simple text ad links into your blog posts. Advertisers need to place text links for two reasons – they get attention in the crowd and second, a back-link is created to their site. Read about building valuable backlinks to your website.
- Banner ads: There are specific tools that help you design banner ads, such as Canva. Banner ads show up on widget areas, headers, and in-post positions.
- Sponsored posts: Simply put, sponsored posts refer to promotional posts, written and published at a cost.
- Paid reviews: Product owners need to get their products on top platforms, whereas blog owners can help them write and publish paid reviews. Such reviews outline the use and features of a product, and help owners get attention to their products and brand.
Using ad networks
Ad networks refer to sites that help two parties.
- Product owners, who want to place ads on sites with high traffic.
- Bloggers, who can write and publish ad materials on popular websites or on sites they own.
In this case, product owners spend to market their products, while bloggers earn by providing their skills and services.
In the following lines, I list down popular ad networks for product owners and bloggers.
- Chitika helps bloggers with high traffic sites. If you can drive traffic to your site, you can make money with Chitika ads.
- Buy Sell Ads accepts blogs with good traffic. You can list down ad opportunities on your site. In return, interested candidates contact for availing opportunities.
- Blog ads provides two features – it helps you earn money by selling ad space on your website, and second, Blog ads allows you to earn by joining their referral program.
- Link Worth enables you to offer text links on your site. Like other ad networks, the more your site gets traffic, the more people would like to place ads on your site.
Requirements to get started with ads
- Traffic: Earning with ads highly depends on website traffic. Before you apply for ads, you should manage to leverage popular traffic sources, such as Pinterest, Twitter, and Quora.
- Relevancy: People like to place ads on relevant websites. For advertisers, related sites target the relevant community. On the other hand, blog owners must accept relevant ads for SEO purposes.
- Guidelines: Once you decide to offer ad space on your blog, the first thing you need to do is to write ad guidelines. People who want to place ads must fulfill your site’s terms and conditions.
- Website Profile: It refers to the total worth of your site, including Domain Authority, Page Authority, traffic stats, and engagement on social media. When writing guidelines, you should include the said factors to attract advertisers.
- Technical aspects: You should carefully set up contact media for advertisers. Also, make sure you perform your site’s SEO audit for improved search ranking.
Selling ads on your website – how to get started with ads?
Before starting with ads, you should confirm the following key points.
- Your site attracts enough traffic every month.
- You’ve compiled your site profile, including technical matrices and SEO stats of your site.
Once you finish the above facts, follow the following road map to get started with ads.
- Leverage traffic sources: Website traffic is mandatory for offering ads on your blog. You can use Quora and Facebook for drawing traffic, or paid ads if you can invest in paid options.
- Collect data about your site: It refers to website profile. You can use free tools for the purpose, such as Ubersuggest for finding top keywords and popular pages.
- Write guidelines first: Create a new page by clicking on Add New Page option in the dashboard. Include all relevant stats and terms in the page. Once you finish your ad page, you can place a link on the top navigation bar of your site.
- Market your ad offer: Finally, you can market your ad offer. Use social media, networking, and paid opportunities for attracting relevant community. You can also write guest posts to draw people at scale.
Make sure you update your site profile regularly. In relation to this, you should start with low rates in the start and go higher as your site grows up.
As a blogger, you need to work on your site traffic. After you’ve some traffic, you can start earning by selling ads on your website.
The ads offer doesn’t require fancy tools or knowledge. You can quickly start with a site profile and a dedicated ad page on your blog.
After you set up your blog for ads, join the ad networks such as Chitika, Blog ads, and Link Worth. Also, don’t forget to improve your site security.
Finally, when it comes to carrying out marketing, the use of social media plays well for beginners.
For more information on earning with your blog, read this article on carrying out basic monetization measures. Also, you can expand your business model with WordPress development. Read this tutorial about creating a micro job website with WordPress.
Also, join the discussion in the comments and let us know about your thoughts on earning by selling ads.